Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog 1


The object that most represents me is my stuffed bunny named Bunner. I have had Bunner since I was 6 years old. My father bought the stuffed animal for me on my birthday to cheer me up because I had chicken pox. Because I have had Bunner for over 14 years now, he is very ratty and torn up. One of the eyes has fallen off, one ear is half way off, he's dirty, and has holes. Like my stuffed animal, I have been through a lot. But like Bunner, after everything I've been through, I'm just as good now as I ever was. Bunner also represents the child within me. I may have matured and grown in many ways over the years, but I still find it important to keep a child alive within me, and the fact that I still sleep with a stuffed animal every night shows that. Last but not least, Bunner represents my love for classics. New things are great, but after all of the nice things I've gotten over the years, Bunner is still one of the favorite things I own and will never get old to me. I have the same outlook for friendships as well. Bunner is truely a representation of me as a person.

5 comments:

Catherina said...

As soon as I saw a posting where someone's picture was a stuffed animal, I knew I had to check it out. I have an old rabbit also, that I have had since I was like two years old. It was a present from my grandmother. It is all beat up but still manages to play the "Easter Parade" song when you turn his loose switch to the ON postion. My grandmother was the one who primarily raised me as a child and put me through private school. Everytime that rabbit manages to wiggle its nose and play that tune one more time, I think of all my grandmother has done for me. I keep him on my shelf to look at him and begin to think of all the ways in which I help her now.

Justin Timothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin Timothy said...

I had to ask you about Bunner earlier and in doing so I learned alot about you. I admittedly never read this blog entry until after I spoke with you and I am glad I didn't. The only way I could have only seen what Bunner meant to you through you. There's a quality that I just can't seem to get from the words written unfortunately. The thing that shows the true value of what could just appear to be "another stuffed animal" is only noticed when you spoke about him. There's your voice's tonal quality and the upwards shift in pitch I heard when you describes how your father purchased Bunner in lieu of you being unable to go and enjoy your sixth birthday. I see, quite clearly, the love and appreciation that has carried over the last fourteen years. Also, your body language shifts at the idea that one day, you unfortunately, may no longer be able to hold Bunner at night. It seemed that thought carries a heavy load at the idea of growing up or as you put it "putting away that part of [your] childhood. But in spite of that, I was amazed through that change to still see a solidarity and in your eyes when you described how no matter what happens to Bunner his meaning and what you have learned about yourself through him will never change. It speaks volumes about the person that you are and the dedication you have for the things that you truly care for and that is felt only when it was witnessed and not read over.

Two things come to mind as I close this out. One, I sound like a total creeper (that is not me in your bushes I swear) and two, even if we get an idea of the culture that is behind the objects that we study, the meanings to them are forever lost to us without that person, whom that item means the world, to share them with us.

Thanks Lauren.


-Justin was here ♥

Eraline Sabino said...

Your blog hit a sore spot for me and reminded me of my favorite stuffed animal that I've had since I was two. The very stuffed animal that my parents "accidentally" threw away when they moved to another house and I left for college. Although we grow up and find ourselves living different lives, looking back at "childish" things like stuffed animals or watching old disney movies(on VHS tapes!) takes you back to a time when things weren't so hectic. Growing up is overrated. Take good care of Bunner=)

3un1c3 said...

Your Bunner reminds me of my own stuffed bunny as well. I have a stuffed bunny of my own which was given to me by a very special person. It means so much to me because that person cherished me so deeply. I really like how you refer to Bunner as a classic, and I believe in hanging onto things even if they are old. That's what makes it even more special. I really enjoyed reading about your Bunner!