Sunday, November 9, 2008

High School: The Best Years of Your Life


I've always said that High School was the best years of my life. I was fortunate enough to go to a high school with an amazing history and graduate in its centennial class. High school is a turning point in everybody's life and every class that went through Sherwood High School has a different story to tell. When I was in high school, my life was yearbook. In our work room, we had tons and tons of Sherwood yearbooks from the past. I loved looking through them and seeing how the school changed so drastically over 100 years. Regardless of the year though, Sherwood seemed to be a sanctuary for all its students, whether it be Rock and Roll Revival (the 38-year still-running music show that has become a county-wide phenomenon) or our famously known football team that visits the state championships almost every other year. At least for me, Sherwood became a home for me, and when it came time for me to graduate and say goodbye, I was devastated. Sherwood is located in the town of Sandy Spring, Maryland and serves the towns of Olney, Ashton, and Brookeville. The Sherwood community has an amazing comradery. Parents, teachers and students are always working together and it makes it an incredible place to grow up. As a matter of fact, the neighborhood was ranked 17th in best places to live in America by CNN because of the community. Everyone gets involved in every aspect of Sherwood and it makes it the best school to attend for a great high school experience.

2 comments:

Afi said...

never thought of doing my high school as a cultural landscape but after reading ur topic i can see how it can be an interesting place to write about. your high school's history sounds more interesting than mine,

Steven said...

Always interesting to see someone else's take on a piece of common ground. I really would not have thought of Sherwood as a cultural landscape, but it does sound interesting now that I think about it.